Answered By: Meneka Thiru Last Updated: Jun 03, 2019 Views: 6
There are a two ways you can print.
- If you are using one of the computers on the first or second floor of the library, you can print using your Wolf Card or a print card.
- Open the document you wish to print.
- Click print. Check all the settings to ensure that they are correct. Normally, the default settings are black and white double-sided.
- Click print again to send the job. You will be prompted to enter a username and password. These can be anything! They do not have to correspond to you UAA login information. Just make sure it is something you can remember.
- Go to the print release station located next to the printers.
- Swipe your Wolf Card or print card.
- Select your job from the jobs listed on the screen. Click print.
- Enter the password you created earlier.
- Your job will print!
- If you are using your laptop you can print by going to print.uaa.alaska.edu.
- Log in using your UAA credentials. Your account will link to your print allocation.
- Upload the file that you would like to print.
- Please note that only certain file types are accepted. These are Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDFs, Image files (.png, .jpg), text documents, and Visio files.
- If you are trying to print from GoogleDocs/GoogleSheets/etc., please download your file from Google, then upload it to the print center.
- Select the document you would like to print. Select the appropriate printer. The printers in the library are called anc-lib105-bw1 (for black and white) and anc-lib105-clr1 (for color).
- Click print.
- Retrieve your document. Documents printed to the printers listed above will be in Room 105, the computer lab on the first floor of the library across from the reference desk.
If you have any trouble printing, you can always ask the Research Help Desk librarian for help.